Princess Diana and The Crown




As the fourth season of The Crown (which follows the life and reign of Queen Elizabeth II) was released on Netflix lately, I want to write a few words about the plot is in this season and also present a little bit of information concerning Princess Diana, who is one of the most awaited characters (at least for me) in this series (of course, next to Margaret Thatcher, but this time not for me).

The fourth season of Netflix’s royal show is dense with rivalry, intrigue and it's the era of Diana, Princess of Wales. Early in the season, we see a teenage Diana Spencer who is being courted by Prince Charles. Through the all 10 episodes we can see different situations which take place in 1980s to the brink of the breakdown of the couple’s marriage. That period also shows the rise and decline of Prime Minister - Margaret Thatcher, but I don't like this person, perhaps it's fault of unnecessary redrawing of the character which makes her a little bit strange and a bit far from reality. 

A lot of things from the show is fiction, but many of the events are real: the war in the Falklands, the Thatcher government, the souring of a royal marriage and Diana’s first steps toward independence.

As a huge fan of the show, especially season 1 and 3, I have to admit that season 4 is at the last place for me so far. I thinkt it isn't because of the quality of the show but the events. It was hard for me to look at the story of marriage of Diana and Prince Charles. I loved Charles in the third season, especially in the episode where he has been in Ireland and learned Irish. Until now, I find the atmosphere of that episode amazing and charming. But... the character of Prince Charles in the fourth season makes me nervous. The way he treated Diana, his relationship with Camilla, who evidently manipulates him, his indecision, his selfishness... 

I was also surprised by the character of Diana that I like very much. Before, I only saw her as a victim of royal family (I also saw documents and recordings of her statements) and I was completely on her side, but I didn't realized that she had a lot on her conscience as well and also cheated on Charles, but of course I forgive her when I look at Charles' situation with Camilla who on the other hand I hate :)

Diana had absolutely no help in the palace, struggling with bulimia, rejection and loneliness. Charles, despite his alienation, was, however, the future king, he still had his family with him, although he struggled with misunderstanding, it also turns out that he was "a little bit" selfish and blind. He also loved to be adored, but Diana was chosen by the crowds and she was the famous "Lady Di" that everyone loved which was also the source of problems in their marriage. In addition, it can be said that they were totally mismatched and any attempt to save the marriage ended in failure.

Nevertheless, in this season it was Diana who stole my heart. I think because the actress was pretty well suited to the character of the real Diana.  

I love her outfits. That is why below I present my favorite outfits of the real Diana:





Princess Diana' outfits are still the inspiration for the large number of women (including me). 

Coming back to the series, we must remember (especially I have to rembemer) that a lot of things in the plot is fiction. Therefore, I didn't mention too much about Margaret Thatcher (I think her character was shown in a very strange way, despite the visual similarity). There are also many interesting things. Lots of beautiful frames. Music is great as always. The character of Queen Elizabeth is still amazing for me and also well played by both actresses, in the end, as Philip said in conversation with Diana: She is the oxygen we all breathe, the essence of all our duty

Of course, I stay a faithful fan of the series and look forward to the fifth season :)








*Source of images: Google and Pinterest

Comments

Popular Posts