Christmas is coming: movie recommendations




So it doesn't look like I watch only tv series, it's time to show you some movies which I find interesting. I think now, we all are waiting for Christmas, so it will be very good to present my favourite movies perfect to feel a holiday vibe. Of course, these are only the suggestions and you have surely seen some of them before, but perhaps this list will remind you of a movie and you will be able to spend time with a warm blanket and a cup of tea while watching.

I like Christmas a lot, but I rarely like Christmas movies unfortunately. Therefore, there will be few different propositions to see. The movie list is not arranged in any special order. 


1. Holiday


This is such a cute movie, it's hard to describe! I've seen him a million times before... and I guess I'll never get bored. 

The plot is about a bit depressed English Iris who agrees to swap homes with similarly unlucky in love Californian Amanda for a much-needed break. Iris finds herself in a Hollywood mansion while Amanda is in picturesque English village. Soon enough, both women finds the opportunities to feel more romantic in new relations.

Absolutely must-have to watch! The atmosphere of this movie is simply charming.


2. Love Actually



I think it's an iconic movie for Christmas. This is nine intertwined stories which shows the complexities of the one emotion that connects us all: love. Among the characters explored are: David (Hugh Grant), the handsome newly elected British prime minister who falls for a young junior staffer (Martine McCutcheon), Sarah (Laura Linney), a graphic designer whose devotion to her mentally ill brother complicates her love life, and Harry (Alan Rickman), a married man tempted by his attractive new secretary... etc. 

A star-studded film cast, unique Christmas atmosphere = perfect for watching during Christmas. 


3. Rise of the guardians




I like very much animated stories like Shrek movies (Shrek the Halls is the short animation about Christmas), Ice Age, Kung Fu Panda, How to train your dragon, The Lion King, etc... I could write for a long time. But sometimes I find less known animations, but as great (or maybe even better than) known animations as Inside out or this one - Rise of the Guardians.

It's a dazzling and heartwarming family film. A magical story about the legendary guardians - Jack Frost, the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy - together for the first time! When the evil boogeyman Pitch threatens to take over the world, it's up to our beloved heroes to protect the hopes and dreams of all children. 

It's hard for me to describe how much I was captivated and charmed by this story, but I can certainly write that it is worth watching it, in order to remember what really important values in life are.


4. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone



This is a movie that I don't need to introduce to anyone (I hope so, at least). For me Christmas without Harry Potter, isn't the real Christmas. Of course, the Harry Potter series is an excellent choice at any time of the year but during Christmas, especially first three parts are perfect for watching and feeling the cozy atmosphere. 


I also know that everyone like to watch the famous Home Alone during Christmas and I have to admit that this movie is also good but I think it's a little bit overrated (my opinion only - don't shoot!). 

I also watched a lot of Christmas comedies, romantic comedies with a Christmas twist, but it's really hard to recommend anything for 100%. From new Christmas movies on Netflix I can also recommend Holidate, which is a brand new romantic comedy with Emma Roberts (I like her very much). Very nice movie to watch.

Of course, I don't recommend looking for unknown, very serious messages in each of the comedies. This is not the point. I also don't understand the people who do it. This is not the purpose of comedy. But here it is more about reflecting the Christmas atmosphere, an interesting plot, some nice events in movie or simply a special charm of Christmas Spirit which sometimes is needed by each of us to remember some things and values.

But lately, after watching almost all of the Christmas movies and comedies before Christmas (I couldn't resist), I got into the older and classic cinema, so this time, I'm also going to spend my holidays looking for the best classics. I've watched a lot of gangster movies recently so this will probably be my next post about.



I hope you liked my short movie list. As I've written before, these are my the best propositions to feel Christmas Spirit but I've watched more - a lot of different movies.

I think that we all have our short list of movies and books especially for Christmas time, you can share it too if you want to... :)







*Source of images: Google


Comments

Popular Posts