The great gangster movies

#TheGodfather #Scarface #Goodfellas


Well, when I realized that I have watched almost everything from the choice of popular movies and series recently, I decided that I'm ready for something more iconic. More classic. More elegant. So I chose to return to watch some movies where my favourites actors, the best of the best - Al Pacino, Robert de Niro etc. play the iconic roles.




The Godfather

I will start from the movie or rather the trilogy which is absolutely the masterpiece and the most known piece of gangster cinema. The Godfather. Oh. My. God. I don't know why I've waited so long to watch these movies. I also deliberately did not put here the photo with Marlon Brando because it's him who is the most connected with The Godfather trilogy, but after watching it, I think nothing more wrong. 

This is the very detailed and complex portrait of Michael Corleone and his life. Of course, the role of Marlon Brando is genius and very important, but to my surprise it was very short presence in the movie (only first part). So, we have to focus on the role of Al Pacino who plays the role Michael Corleone. It's hard for me not to use these words again, but I have to write it, it is an outstanding role and an amazing trilogy.

I think you have to be mature admirer for this kind of a cinema. I don't mean that you have to be a philosopher right away, but first of all you have to start paying attention to various details while watching. Appreciate building atmosphere, history, music, gestures, facial expressions, hidden values... Everything matters. Everything is very important to see different things. I have watched a movie with Al Pacino once again and I am convinced once again how marvelous actor he is.

This is a movie based on the book by Mario Puzo. Of course, some worse opinions about this movie came from people who read the book first... How bizarre, right? (I recommend to stop reading books before watching the movie - the fight is still going on).

We also cannot forget the role of Robert de Niro in one of the parts. He is also great. But the main star of these films is simply Al.

I think no description will ever tell you how great this trilogy is, just when you feel that it's the time - watch it. There is no rush :)




Scarface

And again, the king - Al Pacino. I have to also mention that this is the favourite character of my boyfriend and his dad, generally Scarface is their favourite film. Al Pacino is of course great but I can't stand the main character played by him - Tony Montana. I'm sorry that I will write that but he is such a dumbass. Without much thought. So thoughtless, selfish, barbaric character! I was really shocked that my boyfriend and his dad liked him so much, but what to expect from guys, right? I understand that this was the specific character, but he was just annoying...

However, I liked the character of Elwira very much, played by Michelle Pfeiffer. As a girl, I was especially interested in her outfits. Right after the cinema, fashion has been my second interest recently. 





I cannot describe how much I would like to have a satin dress or a white costume like her. And to look like her. 



Goodfellas

I will only write about this film that it disappointed me a bit. Especially the end. Also, the plot was a bit boring, but a great cast saves everything as usual. I think this movie again, is certainly more liked by men.


Of the films mentioned above, The Godfather trilogy was the most interesting for me, all because of the brilliant role of Al Pacino. He is simply marvelous and I want to show you more films with him soon :) 





*Source of images: Google


Comments

Popular Posts