The greatest series of the time* (a few words from me) - part I

*In my opinion of course!

Here is a list of the best series that have been made so far and that simply knock you off your feet. And of course, which I have watched so far.


Game of Thrones


At least once, you have heard these words for sure: "Oh... Am I the only one who didn't watch the Game of Thrones [place for another famous show]? I'm so special, unique and resistant". Well, when I hear these words, not only in this particular case, is very hard for me to not end the conversation with someone, but I try to say: "Yes. Wow, you are the only one who he hasn't watched such a great series, a materpiece. I envy you so much. (Because I would like to watch it again without remembering the first time). But of course, congratulations - you're such a strong person". 

So, now without unnecessary malice and texts, it has to be written - this is one of the best shows of our time. Beautiful frames, wonderfully built characters and music... Oh my, I remember watching some of the most special episodes - which means with very unforgettable events. The music and the story was marvelous. 

For example, this is the one from my favourites: The light of the Seven - to show the genuinity of the compositor I have to quote the opinion from yt: I think that the genius of Rawin Djawadi, is in the fact that when you listen to the music you see the whole scene in your head. The intensity, the stress and the beauty of the moment, you can feel it just by playing the music. - And this is the pure truth!

Of course, it was more amazing tracks but this one... this scene and situation. Until today, when I think about it, I have chills.

From the first episodes, the series was very "innovative" with killing our favorite characters. I also read all the available books written by George Martin and they are just as great as the show (still waiting for the new part). It is also the first series to be completed before the final parts of the book were released. Of course, everything happened in agreement with the writer, but the last two seasons are unfortunately not as great as the previous ones, so in my opinion, Martin's hand was missing here.

As everybody I have my favourite characters. Unlike everyone else, for example I liked Sansa from the beginning. Everyone considered her a spoiled princess at first, but it turned out that her character had evolved into one of the most important and powerful (girl's power!). I liked to look at Deanerys, but from the beginning I felt that she was crazy. John Snow was also one of my favorites. I also liked Lord Varys, and of course Tyrion Lannister - a dwarf from a very noble line who was quite the opposite of his family members.

However, we evaluate not only the last seasons, so it must be admitted that apart from these small problems in the last seasons, the whole series is simply a masterpiece. 

I have to mention also that we should appreciate this series/books for the entire structure. Here we are dealing with building a whole universe like in Harry Potter series or The Lord of the Rings. We have a whole other imaginary world and other countries or cities - in my opinion, such work deserves the greatest appreciation.

As I write a review about this show, I think it's time to watch it again, and maybe even read the books... to feel this atmosphere of mixity the middle ages and fantasy.

I can't wait for the show's prequel to be released, which will be called: House of the Dragon and it is set 300 years before the events of the recently concluded fantasy drama and tells the story of House Targaryen.

I cannot describe how excited I am about this fact! 


The Witcher

Maybe, I hurried up a bit, because the next seasons are just coming out, but I love this series. I'm also starting to read Sapkowski's book and that shows I liked the series so much.



Briefly, the main character is the witcher Geralt, a mutated monster hunter, looking for his place in a world where people often turn out to be worse than the most terrible monsters. And this is unfortunately the truth. 

I really like the special effects and the entire plot of the first season. The fight scenes are really thrilling, the monsters are terrible and terrifying, the costumes are perfectly matched, and above all - the witcher... and the actor who plays him, Henry Cavill (known for the role of Superman) is simply hot. And very handsome. For him, this series is SO worth watching ;)


The Queen's Gambit

To read about this wonderful series, check out my earlier post :)



The Crown

One of the most interesting series and I have also written about it a little bit information, especially about the 5th season, so please check my previous posts.



But what can I say, this is the top, absolutely worth watching. I have already watched two times the first, the second and the third season, because I simply love the atmosphere of royal family created in these episodes, the music and the characters. Everything is so real, that it's very easy to forget that this is the series inspired by the life of royal family. 

As Gillian Anderson said in the interview (asked about the recent debate about what is true and what is fiction in the series) - the research team of the series is very good, so they have detailed information about royal family and everything need to be verified and matched, so the events in the series are true, but nobody knows what is going on behind the closed door in the end of the day. The drama needs to be filled in. And it is filled in very interesting dialogues and emotions. 


Of course, there are many other series that are worth watching but I will write about them another time, stay tuned :)





*Source of images: Google


Comments

Popular Posts